Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Random Wednesday--"A Picture Paints A Thousand Words"

A little Bread, anybody? Ok...I'm dating myself.

Portraiture doesn't always have to involve a toothy, fake grin...or a pose...sometimes the BEST photos are those that convey emotion or tell a story.

I LOVE to photograph hands and feet. Really. I know it sounds odd, but I just think they are so interesting and make for wonderful art!

This picture reminds me of how it feels to be on the beach...sand on your feet, between your toes, in your hair, in your mouth...ok...so sand can be messy! But it can also be fun...I love sandy feet!!!



This photo is so emotional. It depicts the dichotomy of old and young. They are both so different, yet can be so fragile.


I love this next one. It's beautiful but there is something mystical about it! This client just ordered this beautiful image in a 24x36 gallery portrait...I can't wait to see it that big!



This is what separates custom portraiture from the run of the mill "portrait" studios. Tiny details, emotion captured, custom images!

Keep in mind, for your next shoot, those important details you wish to capture! :)

3 comments:

Britney said...

I love the detail shots as well, you are soooo great at capturing them! That last image will be amazing on canvas!!!

Kelli Bramble said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! And I LOVED that last shot from that session...SO glad she ordered it huge. Wish I could see it myself!

Brooke said...

So awesome! These are gorgeous.. you are right, hands and feet do say so much! Love that last one as well.. smart momma to blow this up huge! Great work!