Monday, August 10, 2009

Fields of Gold

While planning our trip to Michigan, I had this vision to get some pictures of Emma in a wheat field. I told her she was going to do a photoshoot w/ Mommy and she was beyond excited. Once we arrived at the wheat field, she said 'where's the photoshoot? I want to go to the photoshoot!'. I told her she was at the photoshoot and she was the model. She obviously had something different in mind.

I often hear 'oh it must be SO nice to be a photographer and take photos of your children'. Disclaimer: not so much!

There was a lot of bribing and running around before getting some of this:



or this...








Of course there was a lot of this:


Which led to a bit of (cough)... bribing. **sigh**



When we told Emma we were going to get ice cream she said, 'I want blue ice cream'. We said, 'good luck with that'...guess we were wrong.



They had BLUE ice cream!



And lots of it...



Anybody have some wipes?



Moral of the story: sometimes you need to offer a harmless bribe to get what you want!
(don't worry, I only bribe to get that perfect photo...haha)

11 comments:

Kelli Bramble said...

Gorgeous! I can't believe how big she is getting!! I love the ice cream shots...and remember: what happens at a photoshoot stays at a photoshoot. hahaha

Anna Marie Photography said...

These are darling Shannon! You have a beautiful little girl, and as always, I love your photos.

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Priceless.... These are fantastic! Your clarity is amazing.

Vicki said...

Your daughter is adorable. Great job in the wheat field. I love your colors. (I tried a wheat field a few weeks ago and failed miserable).
...
ps-- it isn't bribery it is a great reward system... and hey it works :)

Joy said...

Woah, these are seriously fantastic! Love your clarity and gorgeous colors. Breathtaking, Shannon.

Shannon said...

Thanks everyone!

And HAHA Kelli!

Heather said...

so cute!!! You did great in the full sun. And the ice cream pics are adorable!!!

Cindy said...

so worth the bribe- absolutely love the storyboard, perfect setting and she's so cute!

Jean Smith said...

what part of michigan?

yeah, it's a sad truth about a photographer taking pics of his/her own children. sigh...

anyway, your pics turned out so freaking cute...good job on working the bribes!

Shannon said...

Thanks everyone!

Jean...we were in Frankenmuth. :)

Shelly said...

Owen always wants blue ice cream!! that's nuts. wow, your pictures are amazing. I didn't think they could get any better and they are! love it!